A Rebuttal for Every Doubt

But Moses protested, “If I go to the people of Israel and tell them, ‘The God of your ancestors has sent me to you,’ they will ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what should I tell them?” God replied to Moses, “I am who I am. Say this to the people of Israel: I am has sent me to you.”
—Exodus 3:13-14 NLT

When God first called Moses to lead a certain movement, Moses had a long list of reasons it would never work. Have you ever had a list of reasons why you thought you could never do something? Moses’ list of doubts did not matter to God because God apparently already had a rebuttal for every single one of his doubts. We should never view obstacles or life’s potential challenges as indications that we should not overtake what God is prompting us to overtake. God already sees the end from the beginning and his intentions from the beginning are to always  guide you through every challenge, just like he did with Moses.

God has a perfectly designed plan. Moses even questioned that plan by asking God, “Who am I to appear before Pharaoh? Who am I to lead the people of Israel out of Egypt?” God responded to this by saying to Moses, “I will be with you.” When Moses told God the people would want to know the name of the God who sent him, God said to Moses, “I am who I am. Say this to the people of Israel: I am has sent me to you.” God continued downloading a strategic blueprint for Moses to follow in order for him to accomplish the tasks before him, but Moses started doubting again. He then said, “What if they won’t believe me or listen to me? What if they say, ‘The Lord never appeared to you’?” So, God said to Moses “What is that in your hand?” Then, God showed Moses that if he only used what he already had, God would anoint it to make things work in his favor.

Moses had a list of excuses and reasons why God’s plan for his life could never work. He even complained that his speech impediment would get in the way of his assignment. It is important for us to be aware of the fact that when God calls us to certain tasks, he is not depending on our strength, abilities, knowledge, or wisdom, but his own. You and I are just the vessels God uses in the earth, but the purpose and, therefore, also the assured victory is God’s responsibility. God once said through the prophet in Isaiah 55:9, “For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.” The next time you doubt whether or not the plan God has for your life is even possible, just remember in advance that God has a rebuttal for every doubt. Keep the faith.



Lots of Love, XO

Comments

Popular Posts